Monday, March 21, 2011

Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage




My Verdict: InSANE!!

Seriously. When you try this sausage, you will second guess it being vegan. I couldn’t believe how wonderful it tasted. Don’t get me wrong. There are a ton of awesome tasting vegan foods, i just didn’t expect meat analogs to actually taste good. They rarely do. But Field Roasts? You are now a staple in our household. I thank thee. :)

I highly recommend you try Apple Sage Sausage like this:

Buy some whole grain buns. (I like alvarado bakery’s) Cook the sausages over medium heat with olive oil. (only takes a few minutes). Add the sausage to the bun with ketchup, mustard, and sauerkraut! YUMMY! Its amazing. Trust me.

I’ll add a picture soon of my sandwich… i just always want to eat so fast, i can’t put it down to grab the camera. LOL.

If you've tried this, What's your verdict? Click on your reaction below...

2 comments:

  1. I love these! They hold up great when you cook them outside on the barbecue grill. Vegan hot dog heaven! These are also delicious served cold. One of my favorite things is to cut a thin slice of cucumber, and add a thin slice of Apple Sage field roast, and eat it just like that ... cold. Perfect snack on camping and hiking trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never tried it cold! Ill have to give it a go. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...